Saturday, July 26, 2014

In Memory Of John Randolph Price www.Quartus.org


Dear Quartus Family,

I am writing to inform you of John's transition last night. His passing
was due to complications after a severe injury following a fall back in
April.

His was peaceful as he passed and  was comforted by his daughters Leslie
and Susan by his side.

I saw him yesterday afternoon and was able to share with him the cover
design of his New Novel "Once and Once Again" to be released next month.
He smiled and was pleased.

John was a prolific author and teacher of 18 metaphysical books and 3
novels during his lifetime. He touched many of us through his writings
and teachings. He was our mentor and our friend.

He will be greatly missed physically, but we know he will continue to be
in our hearts and spiritually guide us and others along their path of
spiritual awakening. Quartus will continue to share his teachings and
wisdom and reach out to all that want to be a part of a family of
seekers and teachers.

May each of you be blessed with Love, for Love is truly the Power of the
Universe that brings us all together in Peace and Understanding.

Blessings,
Laura

-----------------------------------

I was stunned to hear of John's passing.  He and his wife, Jan, were important spiritual teachers and mentors to me.   I wrote Laura to express some of my recollections of them over the years:


Dear Laura, I have sent out your email to many friends to let them know about John's transition.  I am still processing it.  I wrote one friend about some of my experiences with John and Jan.  I thought I would forward the info to you...to use in any way you feel appropriate or not.   Just some of my memories of them... 


John endorsed my book, Mothers Who Cry in the Night,  and put a link to my web site on his, he was always very supportive of me.   Once,  I was playing a tape of someone's teachings and my husband, Ed walked in the room and said he couldn't understand a thing the person was saying...it was John!!  I understood him perfectly!   Whenever I would listen to his tapes they would completely heal and transform me.  His book, The 22 Angels of the Kingdom, saved my life back in the late 80's - 90's. 

I was offered a "scholarship" to go to one of their classes in Texas.  Before hand, I was meditating...a face of a very old wise Chinese man came to me in meditation.  I didn't think much of it...just curious who it was.   Then at John's class, he was standing in front of the room, it was time for a break, as he stood there, he put his hands in front of him, palms together and kind of nodded to the group.  At that moment, the old Chinese man's face was superimposed over John's.  I was stunned, and it meant to me that John was a very very old soul, a wise man.  I went up to him and told him what I had seen, and then I said to him:  "You aren't of this world, are you?"  he gave me a big grin and nodded his head "no".  

He and his wife, Jan, were two of the most unpretentious people I met - in the spiritual world of leader's, etc. and I have met a lot of them!   At the same class, we had to all get up and dance around the room.  Jan kicked off her shoes...I looked at them and the bottom of one had a worn spot almost all the way through it...I laughed to myself...thinking how unaffected she was.....that really meant a lot to me. 

One more story about them...the reason I got the scholarship to the class is because about two months before my son Bennett's death I had written to tell them how much their works meant to me.  About a month AFTER his death, I got a letter from Jan (she didn't know he had died) in the letter she said she didn't know why, but she just knew she had to offer me a full scholarship to the next class.   It was a beautiful gift to me at a perfect time.  When I told her Bennett had died, she said no wonder she was led to offer me the scholarship. 

Love and light, Betsie

No comments: